Modern production systems and a high degree of mechanisation enable us to manufacture high-pressure boiler drums of unusually high quality.
The high precision of our manufacturing produces visible results:
- Low ovality of 0.3 to max. 0.5 per cent
- Tolerance values are even better than those specified in production standards
(Extended plant operational life)
Manufacturing range/in-house production:
- Rolling the boiler shells
- Longitudinal and circumferential seam welding
- Connectors welded on
- Components welded on and built in
- Boiler supports
- Non-destructive and mechanical tests
- Heat treatment
- Pressure testing
- Surface treatment
More than 1,000 high-pressure boiler drums supplied are ample proof of our skills.
STABO Projects for the World Market
For a project in Singapore STABO supplied nine high-pressure boiler drums measuring 1,700 mm Ø x 60 wall thickness x 13,100 mm cylindrical length and made of 15NiCuMoNb5-6-4 material in accordancewith AD 2000.
- Design pressure: 142 bar
- Design temperature: 340 °C
- Weight: 42.200 kg.
STABO performed all of the engineering work including design calculation, drawings and documentation.
For a project in Uruguay STABO supplied a high-pressure boiler drum measuring 2,049 mm Ø x 119 wall thickness x 16,000 mm cylindrical lengthmade of SA302 Gr.B material in accordance with ASME I including S-stamp.
- Design pressure / temperature: 124 bar / 328 °C
- Weight: 111.573 kg.
To allow for the high degree of deformation the shells were hot-formed and normalised.
Again STABO provided the complete range of support services for this project.